Sunday, March 23, 2014

[Book Review] Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Requiem (Delirium, #3)Requiem
by 
They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past.

But we are still here.

And there are more of us every day.

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids.


Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancée of the young mayor.



description

Final installment in Delirium trilogy, Requiem is all about getting what you want and realizing the truth that stands behind surviving and making a choice...

“This is the strange way of the world, that people who simply want to love are instead forced to become warriors.”

I have been putting off to finish this book because I have loved the series from the very beginning. Not knowing whether the girl gets the guy or if the government will be taken over is better than not having to continue this trilogy..

Story continues as Lena travels with more people who believe in the same thing. But the belief is far from their minds as they have to become warriors and fight against people who hate them. Realizing that they simply want to be able to love a person has been forgotten and while being chased by the government, they have to starve and constantly be on the run. 

“Mama, Mama, put me to bed
I won’t make it home, I’m already half-dead
I met an Invalid, and fell for his art
He showed me his smile, and went straight for my heart.

I enjoyed Requiem but I did wish that Lena wasn't acting like she was. In the first book we see how she progressed and became her own person. But Requiem comparing to Delirium was nothing alike. Ever since Alex came into the picture, she tried to make him jealous and acted like a teenager. Even with her mom she was snappy and I didn't feel that connection with her character. 

Overall, I am upset that this series is over but I wish it didn't end the way it did. I want an ending that gives me some sort of closure and I didn't feel that with Requiem.


CHECK OUT MY REVIEW OF previous books in Delirium series

Delirium (Delirium, #1) Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)
CHECK OUT russian cover of requiem! Isn't it gorgeous??