Thursday, December 12, 2013

[Book Review] Stalk Me by Jillian Dodd

Stalk Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #1)Stalk Me
 
Gossip Girl meets Hollywood in this steamy new series by That Boy author, Jillian Dodd.

Keatyn has everything she ever dreamed. Her life is following the script she wrote for the perfect high school experience. She's popular, goes to the best parties, dates the hottest guy, and sits at the most-coveted lunch table. 

She's just not sure she wants it anymore.

Because, really, things aren't all that perfect.
Her best friend is threatening to tell everyone her perfect relationship is a scam. 
Her perfect boyfriend gets drunk at every party they go to. 
It's exhausting always trying to look and act perfect.
And, deep down, she isn't sure if she has any true friends. 

To add to the drama, her movie star mom has a creepy stalker. 
A hot, older man flirts with her and tells her they should make a movie together.
And she's crushing on an adorable surfer. Dating him would mean committing social suicide.

So she writes a new script. One where all the pieces of her life will come together in perfect harmony. 
But little does she know, there's someone who will do anything to make sure that doesn't happen.


First of all: Can I say TEAM CUSH!!!!!!!!!!

I didn’t know what to expect with this book. I have been seeing it around even before I got too deep with book blogger community and always thought that it was something amazing that I should cherish. Like the biggest present you put away on your birthday because you know it’s the best one. But when I heard that it was free on Amazon, I had to check it out for myself and see what the buzz is about. 

My first thought of this book were… not exactly like I hoped they would be. The story about Keatyn, a sixteen year old girl who’s mother is very famous, always tried to be popular but her “life script” that she wrote for herself isn’t really all that perfect. When the hottest boy that she dated can’t seem to be attracted to her, she thinks something is wrong with her. 

Beginning of the story was really immature. Simple high school drama with popular girls who care too much about their lipgloss and reputation and where they sit at lunch. Keatyn always seemed to be conflicted about who she was and trying to live in different worlds. One where she is the popular high school queen and the other where she is just chill surfer chick who crushes on Brooklyn. 

As the story went on, I started to enjoy it more. The stalker guy that her mom got was definitely a surprise for me but I enjoyed reading about how things went on. All of her fears about the stalker, about how her life will go on, were interesting and I started to connect with her. The ending definitely didn’t disappoint as well since it wasn’t that much of a cliffhanger. So I guess I’m officially a part of “Keatyn Chronicles” fangirl club. Thanks for having me lol


post signature