Tuesday, June 4, 2013

[Book Review] Sleeping Roses by RaShelle Workman

Sleeping Roses (Dead Roses, #1)Sleeping Roses
RaShelle Workman
Sophie married into a lie.

Sick of her dangerous marriage, Sophie leaves her husband, determined to start a new life.

But her husband isn't going to let her go that easily. If he can't have her, no one can.

It's hunter versus hunted.


Genre: Romantic Suspense.

***Her marriage may be dangerous, but leaving could be deadly.***
Sophie married a monster and there was no way of getting out of the relationship. Until one day she said it was enough and left him. However, having a man who sees women as slaves does not do her any good and she has to live in constant fear for her life. Specially after she finds out that she is pregnant with his baby and the child that she is bearing may upset him even more. While hiding from her soon-to-be-ex-husband, she finds an amazing job and starts having a relationship with her coworker that she is falling for which scares her. But David finally catches her and the past that she has been trying to forget for so long might catch up to her as well. That is until she wakes up...
 
Ummm I am not even sure about this book. Before I write a review, I always check out other people's reviews and just see what they thought about it. This is the time where their review may have opened my eyes to the things that I haven't noticed before. Weak and emotionally-distressed main character, unbelievable spot and  uncontrollable pace of the book. Yes, I thought that Sophie was relying on her Lesbian BBF too much and sometimes she really annoyed me. But it was a quick read and some moments made me pause and think: "Holy sh*t!". I think when people get very emotional and then someone says "Just kidding", they get a little upset and take everything out on the whole book instead of just one part. But hey, I felt the same moment and this book can definitely change some minds. 3 stars. 

post signature