Tuesday, May 21, 2013

[Book Review] The Last Hour by Charles Sheehan-Miles

The Last HourThe Last Hour
Charles Sheehan-Miles 
Twenty-seven year old Carrie Thompson-Sherman has the life she always wanted: her PhD, a prestigious fellowship, and an amazing husband. Her life begins to unravel as a jealous colleague puts her fellowship in jeopardy and a haunting secret Ray Sherman carried home from Afghanistan comes to light. 

Hounded by a federal investigation and the ensuing media feeding frenzy, Carrie and Ray desperately lean on each other, until a disastrous accident puts both Ray and her sister's lives at risk. In the last hour, Carrie and Ray will each find themselves faced with a choice.

A choice that will change everything.

Overall Score: 4.5 Stars

I have not had the pleasure of reading some of the previous works of Charles Sheehan-Miles but really see that I have been missing out. I was not sure what exactly to expect from The Last Hour since I have not read many books of these types (of course except romance) and I was very surprised on the turn of events. The story starts right with the accident in which Carrie, her husband Ray and her twin sisters are in. After rushing to a hospital, Carries finds out that Sarah, one of the twins, and Ray are in terrible situation and may not survive. The book goes on with flashbacks between the past and the present, episodes from Afghanistan and the choices that everyone had to make.
"Sometimes you have to make choices, and they're imperfect, but they're the only choices you can make and live with yourself."
                       Tumblr_mcs0crysmf1qd3478o1_500_large

All I can say is WOW. After hearing about this book for awhile, I did not expect to see this sort of emotion. I can be a pretty sensitive person but pretty tough to crack when it comes to books and movies. I wasn't even a quarter done with the book when I was already crying. Every single little memory was so touching, it was incredible. I felt like I had to hang onto every single word right from the start just so I wouldn't miss anything. The relationship between Carrie and Ray was so deep and sincere, it really made you believe in love.  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

The Last Hour Button